David Deich has over 40 years of experience in mind-body disciplines, and has studied a number of meditative and martial systems
- Wild Goose System Dayan Arts® Certified Master Instructor
- 7th Dan Grand Master rank in Ryukyu Kempo Karate
- 5th Dan Master rank in Taekwondo
- Long time student and teacher of TaiChi, Meditation and Qigong
- Reiki Master level practitioner
- Student of TM (Transcendental Meditation®), Matrix Energetics® and Jose Silva Method
- ACE (American Council on Exercise) certified Personal Trainer
- Beijing Mebo Training Center, Theory of TCM & Acupuncture
David is the author/coauthor of nine books and thirteen videos on the martial and healing arts, all available at Amazon. A complete list of books with descriptions is available at Dave's Amazon Author's Page at http://www.amazon.com/David-Deich/e/B003W2C2AE.
David teaches at the Balmer Martial Arts & Fitness Center, focusing on the Wild Goose System of Healing, Martial Arts and Meditation.
As a Dayan Arts® member he studies the Wild Goose system with Sifu Shane Lear, inner door student of 28th generation lineage holder Grand Master Chen Chuan Gang.
Everything that I have “discovered” is a result of diligent practitioners who plowed the ground before me. I’d like to say a special thank you to the following people.
• Gary Smith – my first meditation teacher who introduced me to Transcendental Meditation and opened the door to a whole new world. RIP
• Master Gary Wayne – my first Taekwondo instructor who helped me see how much I could accomplish.
• Jim Clay – my first real TaiChi teacher who introduced me to both TaiChi and Qigong via the Chen style Hun Yuan Tai Chi system. Though it took a long time for it all to register, Jim was the one that moved me onto the internal martial path.
• Professor George A. Dillman – George Dillman and all the skilled folks in DKI were very generous in sharing their knowledge. It was through them (specifically Grand Master Ed Lake-RIP) that my interest in Energy Medicine came about. Grand Master Will Higginbotham was my DKI mentor, an excellent instructor who guided me through the magic of “tap outs”. He also introduced me to Professor Leon Jay and Small Circle Jujitsu providing many more insights into the Bunkai of Kata.
• Grand Master Shane Lear – my friend and coauthor on many books and videos. Shane is a tireless globe trotter, learning and teaching literally around the world. He is the most versatile martial artist I know and an exceptional healer - someone that I can count on whenever I have an idea that I need to hash out. It is through Shane that I learned about Wild Goose. Thank you Shane.
• Grand Master Chen Chuan Gang 28th generation lineage holder of the Wild Goose System – his willingness to share has changed my life direction.
• All the Healers – Rose Higazy, Marilyn Vest, Jackie Haycox, Mary Farmer, Chloe Taylor, Britt Potter – all my “Reiki” and “Wild Goose” friends who continue to add to my understanding of the healing art. And Dr. Richard Bartlett (Matrix Energetics®) for his powerful insights.
• Grand Master Sam F.S. Chin, I Liq Chuan system – the compact and efficient ILC system has been a boon for my internal studies. A special thank you to Sifu Kelly Graham for his patient teaching. Thank you to Brian Phillips and Lan Tran who generously share their experiences.
• Sifu Adam Mizner, Yang style Tai Chi Chuan – thank you for generously sharing your system. Adam teaches with economy and clarity, his insights have been a great asset.
• Master Harold Hart and Master Kevin Balmer – two of my best students who carry on the tradition of teaching and giving back – thank you for your continuing support.
• My students – all of your insights and questions have kept me going in the right direction. Please keep ‘em coming.
Thank you to everyone. I am looking forward to many more discoveries along this less traveled path.